Styelle top five tips for looking bikini ready in L.A
1. Perfecting the summer glow with fake tan and bronzer
A fake tan brings out muscle definition so you instantly look more toned.Run a slightly darker line along your abs and trace a line from your sternum to your belly button. Styelle LOVES Tuscan Tan – their tan is really natural and applies so easily!
2. How to pick the perfect bikini
The best way to pick the right bikini is to know your body type. Whether you are you a pear, apple, hourglass or straight – there is a Styelle bikini for you!
- Pear shape: If your hips are significantly wider than both your waist and bust, you're probably a pear.
- Apple shape: If your waist is significantly wider than your hips, and equal to or nearly as wide as your bust, you might be an apple.
- Hourglass shape: If your bust and hips are about the same width, but your waist is significantly smaller, you're a classic hourglass.
- Straight (also known as ruler or banana shape): If you're thin all around, with no significant difference between your hips, waist and bust, you're a straight shape.
Keep this little bit of info in mind while choosing your perfect bikini, but if you feel like you still aren’t sure, drop us a line and one of our friendly staff will help you.
3. Must-have accessories for bikini parties
1) On the must-have list for your chic pool party is a floppy hat! Not only does it look sleek and vogueish, but it also protects your hair and face from the harsh sun you will be lounging in. Styelle loves the Louvre Wide Panama from Mimco.
2) Is a pair of strappy flats with gold coloured hardware – these will keep you looking stylish to match your gold hardware on your luxe bikini! Styelle loves the Shorty Sandal from Nine West.
3) Cat’s eye sunglasses are right on point this season and Styelle loves the Radio Calypso from Supa Sundays.
4) Classy Cuff. The Temples and Markets Chunky Brass Cuff is not only ethically sourced, it is also sustainable, made of pure brass from the collected bullets in Cambodia. Did we mention it is super cute and really luxe..?
4. Sandals versus heels versus flats
This is a tough one! While heels make your legs look great, they aren’t practical for the grass or sand. Flats will get sand stuck inside but protect your feet from the heat. For your chic Styelle-ish look, we recommend sandals, they hold to your feet well, can walk on sand and grass without sinking and don’t get sand stuck inside – all while having that perfect blend of classy luxe while being practical and functional as well.
5. Making your bikini purchase a conscious decision
There are so many reasons to buy ethical, but the most important one is to work towards the end of child slavery. Children are paid as little as $0.12 per hour and are listed as “young helpers” to avoid conflict. However, they endure harder working conditions than some of the mature aged staff. They are forced to work up to 20 hours a day and sleep on dirty floors in the factory being fed very little sometimes only once a day or not at all. These sweatshop conditions need to change, the way we can do that is by changing where the demand lies –demand ethical and the companies will have no choice but move across and be ethical. Your Styelle bikini is ethically sourced, so when you buy your sexy, luxe bikini, you can wear it with pride knowing you are changing the lives of the worlds’ children.